There has been a huge discussion in the sewing pattern community in recent years about the lack of inclusive sewing patterns. This has only increased over the past year with calls to boycott companies that are not showing signs of becoming more inclusive.
With this in mind, I decided to collate a list of inclusive, and specifically plus size sewing pattern companies. You can check out my Pinterest board for plus size pattern inspiration, but this post is only linking to the designer’s website, not specific patterns. I will update this list as and when I come across inclusive brands.
What is Considered Plus Sized?
Sadly, there is zero consistency in what is considered to be plus sized, both in ready to wear fashion, and sewing patterns. Generally, though, UK size 16 (US size 12, EU size 44) and above is often considered plus size. For the sake of this post, I’m using a UK size 16 as a benchmark.
Plus Size Sewing Companies
- 100 Acts of Sewing (Patterns up to 6X, Bust up to 56″)
- All Well Workshop (Bust/Waist/Hips up to 62″/60″/70″)
- Blank Slate Patterns (Bust/Waist/Hips up to 53″/44″/55″)
- By Hand London (Finished measurements up to 67.5″/66.5″/98.5″)
- Cashmerette (Up to size US32 & available in multiple cup sizes – up to 62″/52″/62″)
- Closet Core Patterns* (Extending patterns up to US30 – 58″/51″/61″)
- Designer Stitch (Up to US28 – 56″/47″58″)
- DIBY Club (Up to US36 – 63″/59″/67″)
- Elbe Textiles (Up to 53″/46″/56″)
- Ellie & Mac (Up to size 5XL – (60″/56″/63″)
- Fibre Mood (Up to UK32 – 57″/52″/57″)
- Friday Pattern Company (Up to 7X – 60″/53″/63″)
- George & Ginger (Up to 5X – 55″/48″/59″)
- Grainline Studio (Up to US30 – 56″/49″/59)
- Helen’s Closet (Up to US30 – 50″/40″/58″)
- Itch to Stitch (Up to US40 – 60″/54″/62″)
- Love Notions (Up to 5X – 57″/49″/59″)
- Made by Rae (Up to 59″/51″/59″)
- Made for Mermaids (Up to 60″/57″/64″)
- Make by TFS (Up to NZ32 – 58″/51″/62″)
- Megan Nielsen (Up to AUS30 – 56″/48″/58″)
- Mood (Up to US30 – 58″/49″/63″)
- Muna & Broad (64″/60″/71″)
- Patterns for Pirates (Up to Plus 3X – 54″/50″/58″)
- Pattern Scout (B-D Cup Up to- 58″/48″/60″)
- Peppermint Magazine* (Up to 53″/46″/56″)
- Rad Patterns (Up to 6X – 77″/70″/80″)
- Ready to Sew Up to EU 58 – 54″/48″/59″)
- Seamwork (Up to 54″/47″/58″)
- Sew DIY (Up to 58″/48″/58″)
- Sew Liberated (Up to US34 – 58″/52″/61″)
- Sew Over It (Up to UK30 – 57″/50″/60″)
- Sinclair Patterns (Up to US30 – 59″/52″/63″)
- True Bias (Up to US30 – 57″/50″/59″)
* Depends on the pattern designer. Measurements based on the Bardon Dress by Elbe Textiles.
I’ll be updating this list as and when I come across more plus sized/inclusive pattern companies. Please do let me know if you know of any that I’ve missed!